Australian Championships

      Hello All,
   I hope everyone is enjoying Easter ???. Well the Australian
Championships are over. The A grade was won, easily and most
deservedly I might add by Fosters Ackland Band from New Zealand. My
band Waratah Mayfield managed a third in the Hymn a second in the
Test, Year of the Dragon, but didn't get it together in the Own Choice
or on stage March, we ended up 5th overall, or Second of the
Australian Bands, yeah that sounds better.

  Just out of interest, and let me make it clear I'm not offering a
position or anything at this stage, but are there any conductors out
there looking for a Australian Band, that just wants to be the best.

   Our Musically Director has been too ill to take the band since
about December last year, at this stage it is unclear if he will be
back with the Band ever. We had a conductor take the band for the
contest, but he lives, and works in Sydney and I think the 2 1/2 hrs
each way on a train, for ever rehearsal, is a little much for him.

   Apart from that it looks like the structure that houses our
rehearsal room might have been comdemn, oh well, that's banding !!

  ALL THE BEST

  MARK CORBEN

  Bass Trombone Waratah Mayfield Band NSW Australia