Re: Intro & Phillip McCann

>Hello fellow bands people my name is Warwick and I am 37 years of age.  I
>play Double B Flat Bass for an organisation here in Invercargill, New
>Zealand called The H&H Cougar Brass Band.
>
>To help promote the banding movement as a whole we also produce a weekly
>radio show on a local Invercargill radio station.  In a few days we have
>Phillip McCann visiting us and he will conduct and play with our senior band
>in a public performance.
>
>Being the host of our radio show I have the job of interviewing him, so if
>any of you out there have any background info on Phillip it would be greatly
>appreciated if you could e-mail me.
>
>Warwick Brown
>-

Warwick,

You may not believe this but it is true.

During his adjudication of the Australasian Band Championships at Darling
Harbour in Sydney at Easter, Phillip was of course incarcerated in his
little cubicle towards the back of the hall. He was a little dismayed
initially to discover that there was no bucket for him, should he be caught
short during the many hours of confinement. Our officials reassured him
that we in Australia did not resort to such barbaric British practices!

During one short interval between bands, he was startled to receive a tap
on the shoulder. He turned around to confront an official-looking man in a
uniform with epaulets.

"Excuse me", he said. "Can you tell me how to get to Darling Harbour?"

The man was a coach captain who had parked his coach outside and somehow
wandered in through a back door of the auditorium. He had absolutely no
idea where he was!

Maybe you don't believe all of this. Ask Phillip McCann in your radio
interview whether this is true!

Darrall Cutting