Bass Trombones

As I'm about to arrange purchase of a new Bass Trombone for the Band I
conduct I would be interested in hearing from any Bass Trombone Players on
the list.   I am a Trombone player myself (BACH 36CO), but have had very
little experience with Bass Trombones.

Specifically I would like to know what brand/model you are currently
playing, and what you have tried or would like to be playing.

Any thoughts on bell size / single or double triggers / mouthpieces etc   in
relation to best suitability for the 'Brass Band' environment would be much
appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

Peter Ellery, Musical Director - Feilding Municipal Band
Manager, A# Music Publishers, Palmerston North, New Zealand
E-Mail PEllery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx