Re: April Rankings

Eric

I have just read your email describing the rankings system. I'm not sure
if I have correctly understood the way this system works but it appears
to me that bands are awarded more points if they just play at a contest
where there are ranked bands, surely points should only be gained if you
actually beat ranked bands rather than just play in the same contest. If
you do gain more points just by playing at these contests this will mean
that bands in say the yorkshire or north west area will always gain more
points just because of their location. I seem to rememeber Keith
Wilkinson bringing this point up at a contest once and he was a lecturer
in statistics.

--
Phil Sturdy				       Email - pas@xxxxxxxxx
Engineering Technology