Re: Square Formation/Gender in bands threads

No:  Hendon Citadel just did a midwestern tour all male and so did the
Melbourne Staff Band.  I grew up in an all male, mostly Scottish 30 something
band at the Detroit Citadel Corps.  Although the fellowship was unique and
special, I have long sense dropped the idea that women had no place there.
 For us it was simply a matter that women did other things by their own
choice.  It was not until the 70's that Janet Cheyne and Janet Herival were
even interested in playing.  They played!  The net result was, Joe Pinkerton
had to use the men's room to change his britches!