Re: Would you support a Brass Band Newsgroup?

At 8:27 PM 4/25/96, Matt LaFontaine wrote:
> I've got an idea that may be of interest to the rest of you. I've been
> considering putting in a call for votes on an officla brass-band USENet
> newsgroup.
.....[elided].....

I think it's a GREAT idea!

I support it. I believe more people read newsgroups than subscribe to
mailing lists. Newsgroups tend to be less sophisticated, but the discussion
is freer and you would get more casual readers. It would be a good method
for publicizing the "list", also.

___       _	     ____		 Ralph Jones
 /_) __  (/ _   /	 / _   _   _  _     El Paso, Texas
	  /				  "The R. Jones Trumpet Page"
					     http://www.whc.net/rjones