RE: Would you support a Brass Band Newsgroup?

I agree.  I, too, prefer the mailing list format.

The mailing list works well for me since I can dial up my e-mail service, suck
down everything onto my harddrive, log off when I have it all, and then read
it at my leisure (off-line).  I haven't figured out a way of doing the same
with internet newsgroups, such as rec.audio.pro.   (If anyone knows how to do
the same with an internet newsgroup, I'd be very interested in knowing how ;-)
).

As to segregating Genuine British Brass Bands from the NABBA bands, again, I
say NO!  I LIKE reading about the happenings in England, Australia, and New
Zealand.  (How else would I hear about brass bands that play while riding
bicycles?!)

my $0.02

Guy James Clark
Principal cornet, Illinois Brass Band
Principal trumpet, Northbrook Symphony Orchestra
Principal trumpet, Winnetka Chamber Orchestra
etc...