Brass USEnet!!

Hello All,

 There seems to be some differing opinions about a Brass Usenet!!

 I think this mailing list is superb, it gives me a link to brass bands whilst I am
away from home at university, all credit to Nigel Horne and his services!!!!

 I'm not sure that a USEnet group would be of much use to be honest as everybody
that wants to be involved in disscussing brass bands can openly do that via this
mailing list. The only difference being is that a USEnet would be publicly more
accessable. Instead of doing that why not advertise and promote this mailing list
more so that everyone within the brass band world who has access to the internet
and e-mail can be included.

 It is excellent that there are so many people subscribed from all over the world as
we can discuss differening opinions/techniques/rules etc etc from around the world
and i think if the different associations/country's broke away to organise their own
mailing lists/USEnet groups it would defeat the object of 'discussing'!!

 Brass Bands are a small drop in the internet ocean but with the right publicity and
advertisment it could turn into a 'puddle' at least. There must be thousand and
thousands of banders around the world who have access to the internet who don't
know about this mailing list that should know.

 To be honest and frank I don't personally see the point of a USEnet group! Why
have that when we have already got a briliant mailing list and the makings of an
even better and bigger one. If another mailing list/USEnet group starts up then
eventually another on and another on will and so on until there are so many that
there will only be a few subscribers to each, why not have everyone subscribing to
one!!

 Well, thats my little bit. I don't know whether it has made sense to everyone but
thats what i think anyway!!!

Take Care...

Steve B
e9453488@xxxxxxxxx