Material for young bands

William Dee recently asked me how I got on in my search for material for my
junior school band.  I am grateful to the list members who pointed me in th=
direction of the Stuart Johnson band books, and since that time I've also
found a good collection of very easy music called "Fun 4 Brass".  It's
published by:

Piccolo Press
10 Clifton Terrace
Winchester
SO22 5BJ
UK

It's all 4 part, (2 cornets, Horn, Euph), with a piano reduction at the bot=
tom
of the score.  It cost around =A316 I think.  The children in the Newlands
School Band enjoy it, and it is well within the scope of any learners group
who can play a scale of C.  Each tune introduces something new, and the mel=
ody
gets passed around the group.

Tunes include: Eudoxia, Twinkle Twinkle, All through the night, When the
Saints, William Tell, Happy Birthday, U.S. Marine's Hymn......there are 16
tunes in all.

(This is not intended to be an advert, but rather information for list memb=
ers
who work in this area).

Hope this helps someone.... If anyone has knowlege of other suitable materi=
al,
please keep us all posted!

Nigel Wears