Re: Pontin's '96

Tim Morgan wrote:

> Hello all,
>      The test pieces for the 1996 Pontins Championships were announced this
> week, and the Championship Section has been given 'Diversions for Brass Band' by
> Derek Bourgeois.  I am not familiar with this piece at all, and was wondering if
> anyone on the list can recommend a good recording of this piece, and also the
> suppliers eg Egon.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> --
> Tim Morgan, Bass Trombone, Woolley Pritchard Sovereign Brass.
>
> --

Tim,
There is a recording of this piece by Sun Life on their Bourgouis CD, I
don't know what the playing is like on it. The only other recording I
know of is one with Faireys playing when they won the open (don't quote
me on that) the playing is very good on that is excellent ( especially
from Alan Wycherly) but my recording is only a radio broadcast. From the
recording I've got the sop part is by far the hardest, I would of thought
that the sun Life recording would be pretty good if it's Graeme Lewis.

Hope this helps,
P.S. If you want a copy of the faireys version send me a mail.

--
Phil Sturdy				       Email - pas@xxxxxxxxx
Engineering Technology