Re: Brass USEnet!!

At 1:43 PM 4/28/96, Stev wrote:
> Hello All,
>
>  There seems to be some differing opinions about a Brass Usenet!!
.....[elided].....
>  I'm not sure that a USEnet group would be of much use to be honest as everybody
> that wants to be involved in disscussing brass bands can openly do that via this
> mailing list. The only difference being is that a USEnet would be publicly more
> accessable.
.....[elided]....
 If another mailing list/USEnet group starts up then
> eventually another on and another on will and so on until there are so many that
> there will only be a few subscribers to each, why not have everyone subscribing to
> one!!

I can't believe that *anyone* would stop their subscription to this great BB mailing-
list in favor of reading a USEnet news group.

And, I do believe that more people have access to email than have full internet
access. And certainly more people have time for email than have time to read news
groups since one can download the mail and read it at one's leisure without being
logged in to the internet. If you're paying by the hour email is also less expensive.

While I would still not vote *against* a news group...you have all been so convincing
that I have come round to being in agreement with you about the need for having a
Usenet newsgroup.

We're in fine shape if we stick with the list we have.

Regards,

___       _	     ____		 Ralph Jones
 /_) __  (/ _   /	 / _   _   _  _     El Paso, Texas
	  /				  "The R. Jones Trumpet Page"
					     http://www.whc.net/rjones