Re: NABBA Results

On Wed, 1 May 1996, Robert Miller wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> Just curious... Anyone have  any comments on the adjudicators at the
> recent NABBA contest?

The adjudicators were, according to nearly all, world class musicians and
judges. One funny little occurance is that the first piece that we played
(Prelude for an Occasion) was written for a band that one of our judges
was in (Gregson was his last name) by his own brother, Edward Gregson.

One of the best compliments we recieved from anyone was when Mr. Gregson
told us we played Prelude very well. :)

Judging was rather consistent except for a few bands. Overall, I'd say the
right decisions were made except, IMHO, the Honors section, but it's not
my place to comment on that.

> Robert Miller
> rmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Euphonium,
> Hamilton Temple Band (Deputy B/M)
> Intrada Brass

Matt LaFontaine

Dublin Scioto HS Boy's Varsity Tennis Team
Dublin Scioto HS Marching Band '98 Bari.
Varsity All Star Brass Band Euphonium
2nd place Challenge Section NABBA XIV