European results (not complete)

Hello everyone !

The european was an unforgettable experience.
It started out by a very good concert by Black Dyke on friday. The band
played very well.

At the contest saturday Yorkshire had drawn first, and delivered a
breathtaking version of the very interesting test piece by Torstein Aagard
Nilsen.
I my opinion the performance given by Black Dyke later was at least as good
as the one given by Yourshire.

The own choice section was again opened by Yorkshire. They played Revelation
by Philip Wilby. It was my single greatest experience with brass bands.
Black Dyke delivered an even more convincing version of the same piece, and
really made my day. They received standing ovations and the audience were
thrilled. The opening in the basses were unbelieveable. Manger Musikklag
also delivered a very convincing and secure version of Harmony Music by
Philip Sparke.

Yorkshire and Black Dyke were in my opinion in a class by themselves. I
thought Black Dyke played perhaps a little better than Yorkshire, but the
results were
not unfair.

I do not have the complete results, but here is what I can remember:

Test Piece : SEID, by Torstein Aagard Nilsen.

				  Test   Own Choice
1. Yorkshire Building Society.    97     96
   Revelation, Philip Wilby
2. Black Dyke Mills Band	  95     97
   Revelation, Philip Wilby
3. Manger Musikklag	       88     95
   Harmony Music, Philip Sparke
4. Tredegar
   Montage, Peter Graham
5. Middle Braband

6. Tertnes Brass Band
   Montage, Peter Graham
.
.
.
9. Stavanger Brass Band
   The Essence of Time, Peter Graham
Fredrik Viken				     email: fviken@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
Department of Computer Systems and Telematics (IDT)
Trondheim, Norway.
Homepage: http://www.idt.unit.no/~fviken    Phone: 73921673, Mob: 905 29 384