European Championships Results.

Hi everyone,

It has been a fantastic weekend in Bergen.
A great concert with Black Dyke on friday night, the contest, galla
concert on saturday and several concerts on sunday.

I am playing soprano cornet in Tertnes Brass, We also had a great concert
with BrassBand Burgermusik Luzern on last thursday.
We came as number six in the contest and think that is not to
bad for a debut, and We were quite happy being the best norwegian band
on the test piece.

Anyone have comments about the contest, results or anything else?

Here are the full results of the European Championships for Brass Band
1996, held in Bergen on 4th May 1996:

Band			Country		Test	Own	Result	Place
Yorkshire Building Soc England  97 96 193 1
Black Dyke Mills Band   England  95 97 192 2
Manger Musikklag Norway  89 95 184 3
BrassBand MiddenBrabant Belgium  92 91 183 4
Tredegar Town Band   Wales 91 92 183 5
Tertnes Brass    Norway  90 87 177 6
Burgermusik Luzern   Switzerland 86 90 176 7
Conservatoire-
d'Esch-sur-Alzette  Luxemborg 87 85 172 8
Stavanger Brass    Norway  88 83 171 9
Laganvale Band    N. Ireland 84 84 168 10

The Europeans will be held in London next year.

Regards Sveinung
Soprano cornet Tertnes Brass
http://www.lhg.hib.no/~db127/tb.html