Re: list

Subject: Re: list

Nigel Wears wrote:!

>Did your band used to be called the "Uckfield Industries Band"?  I can
>remember seeing them a long time ago playing in the bandstand at Eastbourne.
>I think it must be around 10 years ago, and they were conducted by a woman.

We did indeed used to be called Uckfield Industries Band and were conducted at
the time by Linda Ault - she has since gone on to become a leading light in the
conducting world in the south east. In between times, we have also been known as
Friday Ad Brass until the recent loss of sponsorship. I know a number of other
bands have suffered sponsorship losses but it might be encouraging to know that
we gained private sponorship as a result of an of the cuff remark in the coffee
bar at a recent concert. We now have a more local name and a 5 year deal - you
never know who is listening!

Andy Wooler
100645.1446@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx