Fundraising

All,

I`m sure bands worldwide suffer from the same problem we do, a distinct lack
of money! I was wondering if anyone out there has found any particularly
good (or novel) ways of raising cash.

One scheme we have is an annual 10-week draw. Participants in this give =A31=
week for ten weeks, and each week there is a draw for 1st (=A3100), 2nd=
 (=A350),
5X 3rd(=A310) prizes. At the end of the 10 weeks there is a draw for a grand
prize,(donated TV etc.). We have used this to partly fund our new bandroom.
We on average raise =A35000 on each 10-week draw. Considering our band has a
rather young membership, and not particularly big we consider this rather
good. However, it is hard to sustain over very long periods of time, and is
probaly best to have 2-3 annual draws in a row and then take a break,
(people will eventually get sick of it).

We all have schemes to raise money, and prehaps we should share them. What
may seem old and tired to one band, might be new and fresh to another. So,
if you have an idea that will raise tens or hundreds, or thousands (or
more!) of pounds or dollars etc, please share it with all of us.

Regards,

William Dee

(P.S. If anyone wants more details on the draw, drop me a line. Also, Nigel,
we`re ordering that music!)