1st Concert

Hello to All,

Just thought I'd send some information regarding the newly formed
Golden State BBB.  We formed in January '96.  Due to a number of
problems such as rehearsal room, parking problems, and prior
commitments, we are only able to rehearse once a month.  We are the
only British Brass Band in Southern California.  We have 1 Soprano
Cornet, 8 cornets, 1 fluglehorn, 4 tenorhorns, 2 baritones, 1
euphonium, 4 trombones, 4 tubas and 4 percussion.  Today, Sunday May
19, we gave our 1st concert.  I am happy to say that it went quite
well and we were all very excited.  Our Program was:

     Fanfare and Flourishes - Curnow
     Fantasy on British Sea Songs - arr. Langford
     Nessun Dorma - Puccini arr Snell - solo Norm Taylor - euph
     Famous British Marches - arr. Langford
     Eternal Father, Strong to Save - Smith
     Amazing Grace - arr. Himes
     Peace Like a River - Bulla
     Softly, As I Leave You - DeVita arr. Cathedral - euph duet -
Norm Taylor and Rob Smit
     The Salvation Army March - Sousa

Penny Dodd
Tenorhorn