To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@INTERNET
From: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@INTERNET on Sat, May 18, 1996 7:40 pm
Subject: Cyberspace Silver Prize Jubilee Victoria Temperance Friendly Welfare
Band '96

(Can you think of a longer name!!!!)

Hi everyone,
I was wondering how many of us would be attending the Nationals in London this
year, with a view to getting together as many list members as possible to have
a meet, maybe even a blow.

I think that the Nationals would be the best time, as it is a good reason for
friends from over the water to be around, and it might make the weekend go
with more of a swing for ourselves and our families.  I've emailed Nigel
Horne, who has agreed to put us all through our paces and conduct, and the
only things left to think about are:

1.  Can we make a reasonable balance with the people who will be there? (Let
me know if you are interested)

2.  When should we meet? (Friday is a bit tough on those performing - maybe
Sunday morning? - What do you think?)

3.  Where should the meeting be held?  (I thought about a function room of a
hotel or pub.  We could maybe set about finding somewhere where we could have
a Sunday lunch together afterwards)

4.  What shall we play?

We can always give it a try.  It would be fun to meet everyone in real time!
If anyone has any thoughts on this - maybe you know of a place where it could
happen - please get in touch. Anyone want to organise/help with the
organising?

Who knows - we could stick together - but who could we compete against? (Maybe
a band formed from people who want a newsgroup!!!!!!)  ;-) Ha Ha

Just an idea.

Nigel Wears