Re: Fundraising

Yeah, the Bo'ness Academy 'band' are going on a trip to Canada and have
managed to raise over =A312000 over about 1 year.  Some of the things that
we did were :

1) Bag packing - go along to your local Tescos and fill up people's
bags.... Learn self-tolerance when around 200 people tell you that that's
their shopping and you've to stop stealing it and also learn to put up
with good old Mrs Smith telling you to put the eggs and crisps at the top
while putting the cans at the bottom so that you don't crush them etc
etc..

However, this is *VERY* lucrative...I think that for about 10 people,
doing about 3 hours for one night, for about one week, we made over =A31000=
.

2) We also ran a 200 club where 200 people pay =A31 per month and take part
in a prize draw.  I can't remember how much we got from this but it was a
lot.

3) Busking. Get a small ensemble (10 players) to go out and play really
easy listening type stuff for a Saturday while a bunch of other people
annoy people with their collecting tins.  However, when we did this, we
had a run in with the Salvation Army, which with me being a member of the
local SA band, put me in a bit of an odd position, so make sure that you
have permission to play. ('cos we didn't and got ushered on by the local
mall security staff)

4) We also had prize bingos, LOTS of ceilidh's, disco's and all that sort
of stuff.  We also played a lot of concerts with all sorts of different
themes, 'Magic of the Musicals' was a favourite and a sort of old time
evening playing Glenn Millar and music from the 40's and stuff.  We made
a swing band out of the main band by adding a few sax's and bass guitar
so that we could do a few more gigs.

If I remember any more ideas then i'll let you know.

Best of luck.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Gregor Spowart
e-mail - ceegjs1@xxxxxxxxxxxx
WWW    - http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk/~ceegjs1