Re: Boys & Girls Brigades

Dean,
I'm putting the reply to your mail on  the list, as I assume it was
sent directly to me by mistake. I have quoted everything, so everybody
can follow along----*

On Wed, 22 May 1996, Dean Rayner wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I am a member of a Scout band (Bb Bugle and drum). We compete at British
> Youth Band Association competitions. These are for marching bands, not
> brass bands. At these competitions we see quite a few BB/GB bands.  eg.
> Halifax BB/GB, East Lancs BB/GB, Grimsby BB/GB.

I know somebody from Bitterne Brigades (Southampton), that play in a
Bugle band.

> I hope this helps to locate some of the bands you are looking for.

I wasn't actually looking for someone specific, but just wondering if
there were any BB/GB traditional British Brass Bands.

> Is your scout band a traditional British Brass Band or is it a marching
> band?  There is only one Scout Brass Band in England to my knowledge.  I
> saw them at the Whit Friday contests a few years ago. I cannot remember
> their name but I think they came from the Manchester area.

The scout organization, that my band belongs to, is not really a member
of the international scouting organization, but rather the World
Conference. The World Conference also includes BB/GB.

The band is a traditional British Brass Band (although under-staffed).

> Hope that is of interest to you.

Certainly so. Thank you.

--Jakob

|Jakob Iversen		    |Aalborg Universitet	       |
| Granlien 63, 2.th	       | Afd. for Matematik og Datalogi   |
|  9000 Aalborg		   |  Fr. Bajersvej 7E		|
|    Email: iversen@xxxxxxxxxxx   |   9100 Aalborg		   |