Fund Raising

Many of us in The Golden State BBB also play in community bands (with
reeds).  We have concerts in the park every Thursday for 10 weeks in
the summer.  At each concert we have what is called a 50/50 drawing.
Tickets are purchased at $1 each.   The money is split in half - half
to the band and half to the winning ticket holders.  The number of
winning tickets drawn depends on how many were sold.  We try to keep
the prize money to $20 to $25.  Many holders of winning tickets turn
the money back to the band.  Some nights we end up with $200.  The
drawing is held during intermission.  I know it's not a lot but every
little bit helps.

Hope this helps.

Penny Dodd
Tenor Horn