Rhyl Contest (fwd)

Folks,
	I've just found this article in the listserver mailbox, which I
assume has been misaddressed to listserver@xxxxxxxxx instead of
brass-band@xxxxxxxxxx Here it is:

> Small group from Dungarvan Brass Band (Co. Waterford, Ireland) will be
> travelling to see the contest in Rhyl on Sun 17th June (1st Day) - First
> visit ot a U.K. contest. - hoping to hear some impressive music.
>
> Any other people out there going  to Rhyl or participating ? - anyone got
> any info on the contest - what about trade stands etc - well represented ? -
> Info on Rhyl in general ?
>

> KILLIAN POWER
> Euphonium
> Dungarvan Brass Band (Ireland)
> Killian Power

Here's my comment:
	A couple of years ago I was invited to conduct a band, South Milford
Brass, in the Open section there. It's an entertainment contest, most bands
go for the weekend. There was a reasonable trade stand there.

-Nigel

--
Nigel Horne. Conductor, Arranger, Band Tutor.
Internet: njh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or hornen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx