Re: WORLD RECORDS

 Killian Power <tralco@xxxxxx> May 26, 1996  1:24 pm wrote:

>QUESTION :      WORLD RECORDS
>
>Does anyone know what the world record for the longest continuous
>performance by a brass band is ?

I don't know if there's a world record... Wantage has done a 24-hour
"play-in" before (helped by the fact that we're a largish organisation and
can "rotate" players easily). I expect other bands can improve on this.

>Does anyone know of any other world records (Guinness Book of
>Records) for activities connected with brass bands ?

There was one which wasn't specifically for a brass band, I think.. In
Norway once, they got a band of several hundred together, and played, I
think, "The Stars and Stripes Forever" - I may have my facts wrong;
reference to the Guinness Book of Records would provide the correct
information.

Martin Taylor