Whit Friday

Hi All,

 Whit Friday was a pretty good day in all.....was anyone at Millbrook when the
chippy went up in fire? They had to close the contest down because it was too
dangerous.

 On the results side I know that my Dads band (Hollingworth) won 3 third section
contests at Denton, The Broadoak and Heyrod!! I know Faireys won 7 (8 if
you include the one they didn't go to??!!), and got 4 (??) seconds, YBS got 5
seconds and Brittania got quite a few first and seconds too!!

 I was looking out for people from the list but didn't notice anyone, but then again, I
ended up waiting ages for my Dads band to pick us up from Millbrook!! I saw quite
a few bands there including - Besses, BT, YBS (even though they didn't play?!),
Glossop, etc etc..

 Did anyone go up to the All Stars concert at Dobcross last night or to The Square
and Compass???

 By the way, there is a major All Stars concert at Stockport Town Hall on June 16th
there are people from...Fairey's, Brittania, Besses, YBS, BNFL and a couple of
others if my source was correct. It's all in aid of the NYBB and should be an
excellent night!!

 Oh well....better go and do some work!

Take Care All,

Steve B