Re: Whit Friday

Tim Morgan wrote:

> Hi all,
>      Another tiring day yesterday, but at least the sun was out this year!  We
> did 9 contests, and if anyone has any results from the contests we did, I'd be
> most grateful if they could mail them to me either privately or to the list.  We
> also entered the main Saddleworth contest by competing in 6 Saddleworth
> contests, so again if anyone has results for that, I'd be grateful if they could
> let me know!
>      The contests we did were: Denton, Stalybridge, Heyrod, Greenfield,
> Uppermill, Dobcross, Delph, Denshaw and Roundthorn.
>      We played Army Of The Nile on the march, and The Australasian as our test
> piece.
>      We also followed Yorkshire Imps on at 4 of the contests!  Shame Nigel
> wasn't playing!
>
> Best wishes,
> --
> Tim Morgan, Bass Trombone, Woolley Pritchard Sovereign Brass.
>
> --

Hi Tim,

We also had a very tiring day and only managed to do 6 contests, but were
actually hoping to do 7 but due to a minor map reading error going from
Delph to Denshaw(which as I pointed out to our bus driver are only a few
miles apart) we ended up in Slathwaite - quite some distance away. This
was a rather annoying set back so we decided to kill time by busking all
the way back to our hotel.

I haven't yet heard of any results yet unfortunately.

P.S. We managed to follow BNFL at 2 consequtive contests and only be one
band behind Yorkshire Building Society at the next one.

Also I was very impressed with the number of top bands out this year, the
last few years seemed to be a bit sparse on that front.

--
Phil Sturdy				       Email - pas@xxxxxxxxx
Engineering Technology