Re: Whit Friday

Hi All,

no doubt this will be one of many postings so I'll keep it brief.

We managed eleven contests this year; it should have been thirteen but we were held up for
a precious 10 minutes by a band coach blocking our exit from the car park at Stalybridge
Celtic and for a further 20 minutes when th e chip shop at Millbrook caught fire and the
contest was halted while the fire-brigade brought things under control and reduced the
smoke to tolerable levels.

The onlty result I've come across so far is from Millbrook which was won by BNFL.  Marple
took the Best Local prize and Fairey's were wawarded Secon Best Local !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Threeere are rumours that we (Glossop) won at Denton, but this has yet to be confirmed.

As soon as I have more details the Whit Friday results will be added to my web page;

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Don_Cooper/

Don Cooper,
Glossop Old Band.