Introduction

Hello everyone,

     This is my introduction to you as a new subscriber. My name is Dr.
Peter Hadfield (no I'm not a G.P. so don't contact me with any of your
ailments). The title comes from being a research chemist and part time
lecturer at the University of Huddersfield. I presently am principal cornet
of the Todmorden Old Band (or 'Tod' for short) which is rising through the
sections at the minute at the rate of one a year (we are 2nd section in 1997
irrespective of the third section finals result!). My brother is Dennis
Hadfield the conductor of Tod band and we are successfully building a team
of hardworking bandspeople of which we are still short of a few players (see
'vacancies' for details). Enough of what I'm doing now, what have I done in
the past. I started playing the cornet aged 12 in the Workington Town Band
(which sadly is no more) and joined Flimby Saxhorn Band a year later on 2nd
man to a very young Ian Porthouse (his father, Jim, was my teacher). I
played 8 courses with the N.Y.B.B., 4 of them as leader and when I was 18
came to Huddersfield to study chemistry. I joined the Yamaha Band on 2nd man
and attained principal cornet shortly after. Yamaha was being conducted by
my cornet tutor David James and I followed him for a very brief period to
Swinton before their demise. After this I joined the very impressive Fairey
Engineering Band on 2nd man and stayed there for 2 years having to leave to
finish my degree. After starting my Ph.D Ian Porthouse whom is one of my
closest friends lured me to Dyke to sit beside him and I played there for
18mnths before having to sit down to work on getting my doctorate. That's
about all I can tell you about me but if you would like to speak to me
personally don't hesitate to contact me. My e-mail is p.s.hadfield@xxxxxxxxx

		    Dr. Peter Hadfield