Vacancies at Cholsey

Hullo all,

I sent a vacancy notice on behalf of our/my Band ( The Cholsey
Silver Band 4th section) some time ago. I have had no response. THIS
IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH  so I am sending the request out to everybody in
the hope of a few takers.
The Cholsey Silver Band has vacancies for front row cornet players
and Sop. Experienced players in other sections would also be
welcomed.
Our most recent (first for 18 years) outing gave us 8th overall and
6th in music at the recent Crawley entertainment contest. Some of the
bands were realistically 2ond and third section.
Cholsey is in Oxfordshire near to Wallingford which is in it's turn
near (12 miles) to Oxford City. The band has a reasonably full
callendar and enjoys a varied and appreciative audience in its
environs. The local Ale (Red Lion) is Brakesperes, the one that stimulated
Philip Boston to start CAMERA.  We envisage entering at least one national contest per year
and others as the occasion arises.
If there is any interest out there please contact me-
John Nolan
2 Garford Close
Abingdon
Oxon OX14 2BY  01235  533217