Re: UK Bands in the the Park (June 1996): Alphabetically A to T

At 11:47 PM 6/4/96 +0100, you wrote:
>Angela Tregaskes wrote:
>
>Thanks for that list, Angela!

Glad you appreciated it - nice to have positive feedback from my postings.

>> CAMBRIDGE (Milton Country Park; both @ 3pm)
>>  9th    CSD Brass
>> 23rd    Waterbeach Brass
>
>I'd just like to say that South Cambridgeshire council are doing an
>excellent job with this park - it's outside Cambridge and a good place
>for a stroll, with or without dogs.
>
>In fact, we (Fulbourn & Teversham RBL) kicked off the season here on a
>rather wet Spring Bank Holiday Sunday. We still had an audience, though,
>since we were able to play in the visitor centre.

My band is Crystal Palace Band and we are based in South London.  Our first
outdoor concert of the season was Spring Bank Holiday Monday and by that
time the weather had dried up sufficiently enough to make playing a pleasure
rather than a chore although we have of course had similar experiences of
poor audiences as a result of the weather.

Our next gig is on 23rd of June in Crystal Palace Park which means we will
be playing on "home territory" for the first time in 7 or 8 years.  Will
make a nice change.  We have also been booked for Regents Park (Central
London) on 21st July and this is a "plum" job for us to have.  Last year we
played St. James's (near Buk House) and the previous 2 years it was at
Greenwich.  All of these venues are "Royal Parks" hence the acclaim attached
to playing there.

Good luck for the rest of the season wherever that might take you and yours.
Feel free to drop me a line about anything you think is interesting - I'm an
e-mail junkie so need regular fixes and you can easily run out of things to
say to the same people all the time.  On the other hand, you can easily get
confused about how said what ........................

See Ya!

Angela