Nova Scotia International Tattoo - Halifax , Canada

I would like to take this opportunity to formally introduce
ourselves (myself) as the Band Manager/librarian/Secretary/ Tenor
Trombone player for the Woods Manufacturing Co.(Ottawa) Ltd. who
presently hold the North American Brass Band Assoc. Open Section
Champions (2yrs running) and have been in existance for approx. 20
months.

This year the Woods Mfg Brass Band has been invited to perform at
the Nova Scotia International Tattoo, which is a first for any
brass band and we are very happy to participate. This tattoo runs
from July 1-7 (inclusive) where bands perform to an audience of
approx. 7,000 people a night. This extrapulates to approx. 58,000
people over the course of one week. We feel this is pretty good
exposure for the Brass Band World.

Baritone Soloist, Steven Booth, has accepted our invitation to
perform with us where he will also be given a "Solo Spot" in the
show. Do any of you know where a Brass Band Soloist, especially a
Baritone player has ever performed before so many people!

Many of you have probably read my previous e-mail inviting any
interested players to come join us in this first for the Brass Band
World. Although being a newly formed Brass Band, I was a little
disappointed in the lack of response to our invitation but I'd like
to take this opportunity to thank those of you who did respond. I
just wanted to let those interested but unable to attend that we
will be sending a band of 40 players strong to this event.

Perhaps you will hear or read more about this event in upcoming
magazin articles, news releases, etc...

Janice LaRose
Woods Mfg.Co.(Ottawa) Ltd. Brass Band, Canada

WOODS MFG.BRASS BAND