insurance

J Nolan wrote:
>If anybody out there has any strong feelings about Band Insurance
>(Public Liability and Instruments etc). I would be interested to hear
>them and any reccommendations for good cheap insurance.
>Our premiums are due and it seems to go up each year.

Some years ago I designed an all risks policy which is still on the market
through Abbey Associates in Eastbourne - I don't have the telephone no. to hand
but they do advertise alternate weeks in the British Bandsman. The cover is all
risks at a competitive premium and includes public liability of L2m (two
million) and overseas use.
My own band, Uckfield Concert Brass, use this scheme and whist we have looked at
the other policies available, we have stayed with Abbey. The point of contact
there is Mrs Valerie Neads. Feel free to mention my name, it won't get you a
lower premium though!

Andy Wooler
100645.1446@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx