Re: Soloist

Nigel Horne, Angela Tregaskes and myself have been busy emailing each other
about our October meet, and thought it would be good to include 1, maybe 2
solo items.

Here we run into problems - Not the least of which is that we don't know each
other!

For that reason, we thought it best that we send out this "Advert" for
soloists who may like to be considered to play something with our "Cyberband".

If you would like to play a solo, please email me, in confidence, and I'll try
and get one or two solos into our programme.  Please tell me what you would be
intending to play, and if you are a regular soloist with your band.  I'll have
to try and judge each case by what you tell me. - Oh dear!

Obviously, we can't have a solo from everyone, and it does rely on us all
being understanding about the whole thing.  I'm sure you understand.

Nigel Horne mentioned that he'd like a cornet player to do the 1st movement of
the Haydn Trumpet Concerto.  That's one suggestion to set the ball rolling.

Thanks everyone,

Nigel Wears