Re: What are we going to play?

Do the pieces have to be original transcriptions/compositions?  With my band, I
have played arrangements of both 'Olympic Fanfare and Theme' and '2001: A Space
Odyssey'.  The brass band is such a versatile playing medium that there are
hundreds of popular titles already arranged and published.  If we could get hold
of these - perhaps borrowing them from band libraries, then it would save Nigel
a lot of unnecessary hard work.

BTW, I think our programme should include at least one test piece.  I don't know
which sections all the players come from, but I think it would be good to have
at least one 'classic' original piece for brass band, if that's a possibility.

Best wishes,
--
Tim Morgan, Bass Trombone, Woolley Pritchard Sovereign Brass.