Pershore

  The annual Pershore Midsummer Brass Festival takes place tomorrow (Saturday
6th) in Pershore, Worcestershire.  Bands will be appearing at the two venues,
The Angel Inn and Pershore Abbey, throughout the day.
  Our band performs at the Angel at 6.30pm, then plays a 50 minute spot in the
Abbey, beginning at 8.00pm.  I am positively glad to tell everyone that our
programme at the Abbey will consist of three test pieces, each from a different
era of banding.  The first is A Moorside Suite by Gustav Holst, the second is
Variations on a Ninth by Gilbert Vinter, and the third will be Sounds by John
Golland.
  Hope to see some of you there.

--
Tim Morgan, Bass Trombone, Woolley Pritchard Sovereign Brass.