Test pieces, contests, art and sport

Nigel Wears said:

>BTW - I think the "Test Piece" thread is worthy of discussion outside of the
>realms of how it affects our Cyber Band.  It is an issue with many factors,
>and, as such, I feel the discussion needs to develop in a broader sense.

Since I started the debate with a piece of intentional pot-stirring I agree
that the discussion should be carried on in another thread, maybe under the
heading "Test pieces, contests, art and sport".

A bit busy right now, but soon I will comment on some of the replies.

Jack Alexander
Waverley Bondi Beach Band (but my views are my own!)
Sydney Australia