Waratah Band Room update

Hello to you all,
Once again thankyou for the support and interest of the list
regarding my Bands plight and the hands of the (: evil Newcastle City
Council.

Unfortuanately things seem to have taken a turn for the worse, in a
big way I might add. My last undate stated that they(N.C.C.) had appeared to
have forgotten about the Band Room, and even if it was demolished,
which would be at the very least in the far off future, the Band
would not be left out in the cold. Well the wonders of local
Government !!! hey !!!. It now appears things may happen a little
sooner, a lot sooner, than we  led to believe.

To give you an idea of what high regard a Brass Band of 112 years
operation, a Band at present ranked No 2 in Australia, a Band that
has performed at many, many Civic funtion for no fee over those 112
years, is held in my it's local representatives. The save the Waratah
Grandstand Commiteee requested a report on the viability of repairing
the present buiding so it meets the fire and safty regulation, the
Council said it would not be able to fund the report. Great isn't it
!!!!.

ALL THE BEST
MARK CORBEN- BASS TROMBONE WARATAH- MAYFIELD BAND
			   NSW AUSTRALIA