Concert disasters etc

Hi all,
I realise this is a bit of an extension of Tim's thread, but hope it
will provide some entertainment.

These are all about Trombones, and Mutes. At a contest a few years
ago a second Trombone became a little enthusiastic when putting a
mute in his instrument, when he gave the mute the customary half
turn, he did it with such force that he managed to wrench the entire
bell and tube section around approximately 30o. About 10 years ago
another second Trombone player was left holding his outer-slide when
he slap a mute in and sent the rest of his instrument over his
shoulder, and finally in a warm up room, we were blowing into our
mutes, mucking around, seeing how much air you could blow into them,
well one of the friendly Bass players wanted a go, yep he blew the
end right out of a stone line mute without a great deal of effort at
all.

And to finish, Newcastle City Council has just intstalled a brand new
Fire hose in our Band Room, the reason, they believe the Building may
be in danger of burning down before they are able to demolish it.

ALL THE BEST
MARK CORBEN BASS TROMBONE
WARATAH-MAYFIELD BAND NSW AUSTRALIA