Re: Brass Bands on 78s

>Hello All,
>
>I would like to know if there are any Brassband 78rpm  record collections out
>there
>gathering dust  or worst still being considered for the nearest binbag. We have
>reissued two CD compilations of  "Brass Archives" sofar and require more raw
>material to fill some of the many gaps existing in our vintage brassband
>library.
>
>Any feedback  on "The Cornet King" or "Fabulous Fodens" would be welcomed.
>Also should you have any suggestions for future compilations please let me
>know.
>
>Best Regards
>

>Malcolm Hobson
>101602.2405@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You may be interested to know that The Australia Council has released a
2-CD set of "The Great Bands Of Australia" containing priceless material
from the National Film and Sound Archives. Produced by Jack Greaves, it
features original historic recordings of the great bands of Australia going
back to 1912, in particular the Newcastle Steelworks Band. There is also a
very comprehensive booklet on the early days of BB in Oz.

I highly recommend it.

The CD number is AHS 04 - 2CDS. Try contacting the Australia Council for
the Arts, 181 Lawson St Redfern NSW Australia 2016 for availability info.

Darrall Cutting