Contest Registration

For those of you who take the Brass Band World, you may recall an article
recently outlining my views (an those of the Southern Counties ABA) on contest
registration.
I am looking to follow this up with a report on what happens elsewhere in the
world - I would be grateful if readers could let me know what they have to go
through (apart from getting the notes right!) before they are allowed on the
contest platform - ie; do you have to register at all, do you use national ID
cards, transfer restirctions etc.
I appreciate that I am sometimes a lone voice on this one but I feel very
strongly that contests should be about the music, not about the movements
ability to shift bits of paper around. I'm also interested in what charges are
made for registering players - are they kept down to just covering the costs or
is there a profit motive behind the process?
I have sufficient data already on the UK scene and am mainly looking for what
happens abroad.
For those who don't get BBW, I'll ensure that any published output arising from
this request is also posted to the list.

many thanks,

Andy Wooler
Uckfield Concert Brass
100645.1446@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx