Concert Disasters

so, angela isn't the only one who thought they were unique in the use of the wee
macgregor! Uckfield Concert Brass have used this a number of times, including
the starting pistol, fortunately with no damage to the percussionist (it's
always the drummer that gets it! )
Our disaster doesn't come anywhere near the ones already mentioned but does
always bring a smile to our faces when the story is retold.This one waited right
until the end when our then MD, Nigel Simmons, finished the last number and left
the stage. Accience clapping etc, band left standing awaiting his return for the
national anthem. After about 4 mins (which seemed a very long time), we decided
to leave the stage. When asked why we had waited, we told Nigel that the
audience were waiting for something to happen. Alls well that ends well, Nigel
went out on stage on his own, apologised for forgetting the Nat Anthem and
promptly sat down at a nearby piano and satisfied the crowd.
It goes without saying that whenever Nigel guests for us now, we always ask
which version we are playing! Mind you, he's always calm under that sort of
pressure, shown a few weeks later when during a riot in a belgian nightclub,our
small brass group just carried on playing "misty" as if nothing was the matter.

Andy Wooler
Uckfield Concert Brass
100645.1446@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx