Re: Concert disasters

On 17/7/96 Angela wrote

> As I've never see any other band doing it
>I had (until now that is) thought our stageshow was *original* and obviously
>it's not.

This procedure was used by Josef Haydn with the Esterhazy orchestra in
1772. It explains why his symphony No.45 in F# minor is nicknamed the
'Farewell' Symphony. In this instance each player had to snuff out the
candles on their stands before leaving the stage in ever increasing
darkness. Whether Haydn thought it was original, I don't know.

Michael D.