New to list

Hi all

I have just gained access to the list and thought I might drop an
introduction to everyone.

I was born and raised in Macclesfield Cheshire and moved to the USA in
1974, I presently reside in Greenville SC.
     My love of Brass band music comes from my Grandfather (Daniel Norton)
who was Bandmaster of the Territorial Army 7th Cheshire Regiment based in
Macclesfield.
    As a child I learned Cornet, but in my youthful ignorance gave up at
age 14, a decision I now very much regret, however I am lucky enough to
have apparently retained a love for the music of Brass Bands, it would seem
the older I get the more I seem to apreciate.  I have fond memories of
going each year to the Belle Vue Brass band Concert where I would sit with
my grandfather and listen to the same test piece played over and over by
the likes of :
Farey, Foden, Black Dyke, Manchester CWS, Grimethorpe...

Living in the US all these years I have lost touch with the scene in the
Homeland, so you can imagine my delight upon finding this list.
     I would be most interested to hear if there are any 'old timers' out
there that maybe remember the 7th Cheshire band?

Anyway, sorry to go on, but glad to be on board!

Dave A

Greenville  South Carolina USA