Re: What are we going to play?

I really appreciate the thought of you to play "In Memoriam" from Royal
Parks. We (Brassband Schoonhoven) opened with this at the last contest in
which Eric was with us. Thanks for thinking about us in this sad times, and
please know we all appreciate it very much to know you want to do something
for Eric.

I hope I will be there with you, maybe even play in the band, but as you
probably will understand I can't tell if I will be able.

Eric's funeral took place Saturday the 20th of June. So many people where
there to say their last goodbye to him, it was a beautiful goodbye. Both the
bands Eric played in where there, Andels Fanfare Corps played outside the
church when we left and Brassband Schoonhoven, our mutual band, played at
the graveyard. There was a signalhorn player playing The Last Post.
It was very comforting to know so many people cared for Eric and to know we
did say goodbye in the best way we could.

We can't miss him, but we have to, and knowing he will be remembered is a
comfort to me, his parents and to all his friends. For the future it will
help his sister, who's now still in hospital and kept asleep. We have good
hopes she will recover.

Thanks for all the words you send me and I will keep in touch.

God bless,

Ineke