Concert Disasters, and band pranks

Hello all, and especially the Bass Trobone Players, here are a few
more, once again hope they are of some interstest.

At our last concert of the year, Christmas Eve at a Yatch Club, free
Beer, get the picture. We arranged a little prank on our Kit Drummer,
now he was very talanted, model his style on Daly Wilson Big Band.
Anyway we used to give him a short 16 bar solo in the middle of
Hawwia 5,  0 , well when he started into his solo, the Conductor call
the entire Band out of their Chairs and to the Bar, Kit Drummer
completely un phased continued with his solo. After about 15minutes
the Band rejoined our Dummer and completed the piece. The thing about
this is he would have gone on all night if we hadn't come back

Another one form the same place a few years before, Conductor call
for Mexican Hat Dance to be played as a Finale to the concert, the
band quitely and very quickly decided to play Silent Night instead. I
think it took him at least 3 bars to work out what we had done.

Also congrats to Philip and the Warringah Band on their win at the
East Coast of Australia Contest. As Philip will testifiy the Lord
Mayor of Newcastle made a particular point in his speech about how
much Newcastle City Council supports Banding, I was so tempted to ask
how supporting Banding means tearing down the Band Room of your top
local Band. Gee I have awsome self control sometimes

ALL THE BEST
MARK CORBEN
BASS TROMBONE WARATAH MAYFIELD BAND NSW AUSTRALIA