Re: Old like new

>Dear Listees

Kirsten Sharman gave us a handy hint about
> keeping your silver plated mouthpieces clean and
>shiny which I tried out today: just boil them in an aluminium saucepan with
>a few tablespoons of salt in the water.

I would like to hear from a chemist or metallurgist.  Would this replace
the silver with aluminium?

If so, I would like to hear from a medical person about the latest on the
link between aluminium and Altzheimer's disease.

Then again, maybe now we can account for the behaviour of older brass
playsers...

Jack Alexander
Baritone Horn
Waverley Bondi Beach Band