Concert Disasters

Another one to add to the file.

One of the funnyest "disasters" I encountered was at the opening ceremony
of a large international Scout camp. There were 13 nations represented.
Every one marched from their sub-camps to the area for the opening
ceremony. The band was playing next to the big marque. Everyone was oozing
with national pride.  At this time the band had Lara's theme from Gone with
the Wind in the pad and it was decided to play this once all the people
were assembled. The arangement we were playing had a large drum roll
crescendo...diminuendo at the beginning. As soon as we started the drum
roll, all the Scout leaders quickly got their scouts on to their feet,
stood smartly at attention and were ready for the first notes of the
tune........God Save the Queen!!!!  Try it,  it does fit.  There were lots
of embarrassed leaders about that day.

Dean.

\_\_\_      \_\_\_	  Dean Rayner
 \_   \_     \_   \_	City of York Scouts   Founder Member-96
  \_   \_     \_\_\_	Cybercorps 1994 - oblivion
If you put a cow in a glass of Coke, it won't be there in the morning!