Concert Disasters

>God Save the Queen!!!!
>\_\_\_      \_\_\_	  Dean Rayner
> \_   \_     \_   \_	City of York Scouts   Founder Member-96
>  \_   \_     \_\_\_	Cybercorps 1994 - oblivion
>   \_\_\_      \_   \_

This reminds me of another story from our band.

We were the occasional music to an international Rotarian meeting who
were our major sponsors at the time. We were in a very large hall,
actually a basketball court that could be converted to a concert hall,
and thousands of Rotarians from all over the world were rolling in
covered in their badges and national pride. It was arranged that we
would play some grand fanfare for the official dignitaries entrance, but
they way these things work, and the lack of coordination between the
band and the official organisers, in came the flags of all the
represented countries and their delegates to "The Love Boat Theme".
Everybody thought that in retrospect it actually worked OK though.

Rolf Miezitis
First Baritone
Glenorchy City Concert Brass