Re: Concert Disasters

This is a disaster which became a prank.

Some years ago before a march a tuba was left standing behind a large
truck.   The truck reversed and... that was the disaster.

Some time later: our conductor Cliff Goodchild is tuning the band on stahe.
"Too sharp!" he cries to one of the tubas.  "Make it flatter!"  The tuba
player pulls his slide out... "Still  too sharp!  Flatten it!  Make it
flatter!"

goes on for some time, until the slide is hanging on by a whisker.   The
tuba player storms off stage.   Sounds of hammering and clanging from off
stage.   Then the tuba player returns, with the above mentioned tuba.
"There!" he cries in triumph.  "Is that flat enought?"

This happened before I joined the band, but the super-flat tuba is still in
our bandroom, waiting for the next tuba player with a sense of hu,our.  (I
know, all tuba players have a sense of humour...)

Jack Alexander
Waverley Bondi Beach Band
Sydney   Australia