Concert disasters- orchestral

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

From:	Seager Mason, INTERNET:SWMW@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
TO:	Robert J Lynch, 100406,1107
DATE:	19/07/96 9:34 AM

RE:	Concert disasters -Reply

[ From Robert Lynch, Eb Bass, Evening Post Onslow Band, Wellington, NZ:
Dear brass band listees: I am sending this orchestral concert disaster exactly
as I received it... it originates from a fine New Zealand flugel horn player ]

Robert,

At the last Wellington Chamber Orchestra concert under Marc Taddai
(NZSO Principal Trombonist) our 1st French Horn player Malcom Diamond
went to the loo 10 minutes before starting, only to discover to his horror
there was no loo paper......

Marc waited 2-3 minutes for him...2nd horn rushed out to find him, but no
go......200 strong audience beginning to giggle......we had NO idea where
he was.....and then Marc began the symphony without him....the piece
opened with French Horns of course....!!!!!!

2-3 minutes into the piece he appeared off stage and ran across behind
us all to take up his place....titters from the audience etc.......

At half time Malcom explained his predicament....when asked how he
coped, he said "For Gods Sake DON'T ask".......he apparently no longer
has a shirt tail, however.....!!!

That aside, the concert was fantastic....a great review.....mentioned that
"once the horns found their seats they played well".........

At least he didn't do what that opera singer debuting in Covent Garden
did recently.....got the night wrong and was sitting at home watching TV
as the opera cast were waiting frantically.....

cheers and all that

Seager