Watch for this article in BB

Hello again!

I've just sent off a "Press release" to the "British Bandsman", with regard to
the Cyberband.  I'm sure that they will modify it, but I've tried to give them
the facts and advertise the list, and I've tried to cut out all the
"Technospeak".  Here it is:

October 20th, the day after the "Nationals" will see what will probably be the
first worldwide broadcast by a brass band, but there's no use in trying to
tune in the wireless to hear it, as it is bein broadcast via.....the internet!

A group of some 200 bandspeople from all around the world regularly
communicate with each other in e-mail discussion on all topics related to
brass bands, and all those that are able to be in London for the Nationals
have arranged to meet together to play.  "As we all met on the internet, we
thought it would be fitting if we were to play on the net too", said Nigel
Wears, the organiser of the meeting.  "That way, those internet bandspeople
from around the world who can't be with us can not only see and hear us
playing live on their P.C., but can also respond by sending us messages by
e-mail."  The band will be made up of players of all standards from all around
the world, and will be conducted by Nigel Horne, who is the "Keeper" of the
forum.  It will include players from Europe, America and Canada, who are
making the trip especially so they can be a part of the "Global" brass band.

Anyone with internet facilities who wishes to recieve e-mail regarding banding
can find out more by e-mailing a message to:  brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I hope this is OK with everyone.  Nearer the day, I'll be sending another,
advertising the www.site, just in case anyone wants to watch us who's not on
the list.  Nikki Bland at the BB was most interested, and has assured me that
she'll do everything she can to get a reporter there on the day.  At this
rate, we'll all be able to start s books!

If anyone wants to send off something similar to other banding magazines
around the world, please do so, maybe giving it a "Local" angle - mentioning
the fact that you are going to travel X thousand miles to play etc etc.

Have a good summer,

Nigel Wears